Tuesday, December 18, 2012

my wardrobe must haves.

With fashion on the mind, I thought I'd share my two most favorite wardrobe staples I swear I use on a daily basis. Dress them up or dress them down, it's really REALLY hard to get these wrong. They're amazing foundational pieces that make layering, creating outfits and building a signature style seem easy. 

I'm still working out the whole getting fit and eating healthy plan. Consider this even more motivation to get me started. 

1. Stripes
I like this pattern not for it's timelessness, but because you can layer it with just about anything. Solids, patterns, big stripes, little stripes. It's actually better to look at a stripe as a solid. Pair with a piece of jewelry or clothing meant to make an even bigger statement.


[see jane work play live]


[cupcakes and cashmere]


2. Beanies 
There's nothing like a good old-fashioned beanie to keep things casual. I love the simplicity of this hat - it's functional, effortlessly chic and can make any face shape shine. I like pairing with leggings, nubby sweater and winter boots. Grab a coffee to-go and consider your errands finito. 





[vanessa jackman]

No comments:

Post a Comment