Wednesday, October 30, 2013

eclectic living room: tables and lighting.


Ok, I'm still not over building my dream living room. After putting together the larger pieces together yesterday, I couldn't help but think about the tables and lighting that would surround it.

With the textiles so vibrant and graphic, I wanted to balance with simple accessories in stone, metal and wood. The clean lines and monochromatic scheme act as white space for the eye without feeling dull or boring. And, since the sofa would be so large in my dream living room, I liked the idea of smaller accent and coffee tables combined with a floor lamp and pendant light to maximize space. Finished off with a large poster in WPA style of one of our favorite trips.

tip: Find tables with similar materials and styles without having them match. This will keep the space feeling eclectic without seeming too "garage sale".

No comments:

Post a Comment