Friday, September 9, 2011

Boots, booties and photography lessons.

Attention readers: please feast your eyes on the gorgeous new blog banner just north of this post. I created this beaut after a quick point-and-learn sesh I gave myself last night.

Allow me to backup. One of my biggest lifelong goals is to have someone come up to me and say, "Wow, Kate, you have such an eye for taking photos." It's actually right behind being able to "throw something together". But, after browsing through my posts (and getting countless "lock it up" messages from my BFF Michelle) I could see why the "wow, Kate" statement hasn't surfaced quite just yet.

Then, just yesterday, I came across this post by Centsational Girl and decided that now was the time to in fact, lock it up. By no means do I have anything (let alone it all) figured out but the sesh did make me just cocky enough to play around on Picasa and create the lovely rectangle that is featured before you today.

So congratulations to myself for becoming one step closer to fulfilling a lifelong goal.

...

And now that I'm done bragging and feeling great about myself, let's move onto to something more important. Like boots.

That's right, not only am I presenting the banner masterpiece, I'm listing my top 5 must-have boots for the fall and winter seasons all courtesy of DSW. In order of necessity...


Not only do I absolutely NEED this pair of boots, I will go so far as to say I 150% must have them. So versatile, you can pair them with a pair of cropped slacks, skinny jeans, a tweed blazer, A FLORAL DRESS... The list just goes on and on.

Not only does these scream Y.U.P.P.I.E. and will look adorable with your everyday pencil skirt, they also offer an unexpected twist to the skinny jean/peter pan collared shirt combo. Add a multi-colored vest over top and you've got yourself one adorable little getup.

I dont' know why but I just really, really, really want these. I feel like they are more stylish than rain boots or Uggs but are packed with just as much comfort and functionality. All you'd need would be some leggings and a bateau neck sweater to finish off a look - maybe adding some leg warmers or wool socks for added texture and warmth. There are a pair of Sorel's available if you're looking for something with a little more color and a little more clunk.

Wow, I just realized I have been introducing these boots like a mother/daughter fashion show. But you know what? It's kind of working for me. Anyway, I LOVE the ribbed top with the side zipper because I think it's the perfect accessory for some thick tights and your fave sweater dress. Or really any dress. The more layers with these boots, the better.


These bad boys have some serious swagger. For the record, I was trying to find a taller pair that I liked but ended up falling in love with these instead. Especially the lace up and suede/leather combo, making them feminine and masculine all at the same time. Soften the look with fuzzy turtleneck or prep it up with a blazer or something striped. Regardless, you don't need much else to stand out in a crowd.



This post is 100% my own opinion. I was not paid by DSW in any way, shape or form and just happen to love, love, LOVE the store and variety of options available in it.

1 comment:

  1. this is your anonymous dad, I don't really know how to CHANGE anyone's SCENERY and I certainly haven't contributed to your remarkable decorating talent (your mom did) but I am going to tell everyone reading this post that I'm proud of you... so there, ...nice shoes.

    ReplyDelete