Friday, May 20, 2011

Faux shopping at Ruche.

At the risk of sounding completely superficial, I love shopping and consider it one of my favorite hobbies. I love the hunt, the decisions, the choices, the sales. Love it, love it, love it.

With this new found budget idea (or rather the new idea that I actually follow it), shopping quickly became a thing of the past and I was crushed. That is until my friend Amie shared how she was able to continue to "shop" without spending a dime. First start by going online and visiting one of your favorite places to shop. Then browse through the selection, putting everything you like in your shopping cart. And that's it. While you never get to actually hold, wear or use your purchases, it does allow you to continue to shop in a make believe sort of way - relieving the urge to splurge and letting us avid shoppers continue on with the hunt without actually blowing giants amount of unavailable cash.

Anyway, I thought it was a great idea and have been shopping this way ever since. Today's faux shopping date? Ruche. A gorgeous site that is full of great, unique accessories, vintage inspired pieces and flowing silhouettes. Here's what I ended up putting in my cart today. Total Spend: $322.91.









1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! It is awesome. And your house! I've got you bookmarked. As soon as I figure out how to put a blogroll on my site (still learning) I'll include you.

    ReplyDelete