Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bedroom position, secure.

Ok, so here's where I'm at so far.

After following my floorplanner guide (mentioned here), I think I'm off to a good start with the bedroom redecorating project. The space already feels more relaxed and comfortable, although the fact that it's not finished is driving me insane. It's very love/hate right now but I am confident things will start turning around. Here are the highlights:


Loving: the bed and chest (hello again, Ruby). After searching through Apartment Therapy, I discovered a post about using a blanket as a headboard and decided to give it a try. I immediately liked the casualness to it along with the mismatched patterns that still somehow complement each other. It also covers most of the rod iron headboard, giving the bed a quick facelift. I'm also very excited to have my toy chest (now home to a bunch of blankets) which was handmade especially for me when I was little.

Hating: the side table. I needed a smaller table than I currently had and since this one was being stored in my garage, it was a quick fix that gets the job done. I'm planning to scour the thrift stores for one with a circular top to help balance out all of the squareness going on right now. If I can't find, I'm going to spray this one white, a bright color or a metallic to get rid of some of the heaviness and (hopefully) making it more modern as well. So stay tuned.

Loving: that there is a chair in my room again! Once spray painted white, this insta-cozy accessory will be perfect. The picture resting vs. hung on the wall continues to add a relaxed vibe to the space, while balancing the skinny legs of the chair with the bulky dresser.

Hating: the curtains and the dresser. I'm thinking of going white (again) with my curtains, possibly dark with my dresser and replacing the mirror with something more ornate and whimsical. Depending on what I find, I am kind of hoping to just switch out the frame, making it lighter for hanging and not as expensive. I'm still toying around with some ideas for ways to make the dresser more modern but I'm definitely going to need to call my grandparents (the wood and stain whizzes) to figure out my options.

Loving: the picture display (still). It still works with the new layout only I am planning to brighten up some of the darker frames and incorporating some brighter pictures.

Hating: the curtains and the hutch. As mentioned above, the curtains are changing but I haven't a clue what to do about the hutch. I need a space for my TV and everything that won't fit in my closet or dresser. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment