Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gradient dressers are the bees' knees.

After many, many, MANY hours of trying to figure out what to do with my poor little nightstand (full dilemma here). While browsing through pinterest, google images and etsy, I came across a new-found obsession: multi-colored drawers! I LOVE them, especially if (typical Kate) monochromatic and on a retro, thin legged dresser. While my nightstand only has one, I do have two dressers - one tall one short - with multiple drawers that I just may be able to try this treatment out on.

I'm guessing you can just head to your local hardware store and grab 4-5 of those paint samples in a multitude of colors. After spraying the outside white (or keeping the original stain), just sand, prime and paint the drawers their desired colors. SUPER simple and easy to update from redecorating project to redecorating project.

I'm thinking you can also do them with slatted furniture pieces like benches, chests or outdoor furniture. Have no idea what I'm talking about? Here's some photos that gave me butterflies.






1 comment: