Friday, March 30, 2012

you're invited: make it pretty challenge

Lately I've felt the need to step up my game in the styling department. I've always wanted to be one of those people that's able to put a table display together in a way that's effortlessly chic and absolutely fab.

Like this.

Or this.



I mean, how do they DO that? So pretty. So functional. So NOT in my current decorating capabilities.

To help get my bag o' styling tricks up to speed, I'll be challenging myself (along with my crazy-talented styling friend, Corrin) to create a daily vignette based on the list of themes featured below. This means every day in April, we'll each be styling a vignette, snapping a photo and posting it right here for all to see (and judge). My hope is that by the end of the 30 days, I'll have figured out what works, what doesn't and get thatmuchcloser to styling greatness.


Interested in brushing up your styling skills too? Then COME JOIN US in the Make it Pretty Challenge!

All you need to do is style something fab, post the photo to Twitter and include the hashtag, #makeitpretty. You can create something daily, weekly, whatever works with your schedule. It'll be a fun way to get your creative juices flowing, expand your decorating skills and just try something new.

So get ready, get set and start styling!
logo design by Corrin Acome



day 01: morning

day 02: nature

day 03: magenta

day 04: accessorize

day 05: stack or pile

day 06: clean up

day 07: light

day 08: dinner

day 09: sparkle

day 10: bedtime

day 11: furry friends

day 12: fabric

day 13: medicine cabinet

day 14: shoes

day 15: little people

day 16: ingredients

day 17: celebration

day 18: something sweet

day 19: bubbly

day 20: books

day 21: urban scape

day 22: travel

day 23: quiet place

day 24: water

day 25: table setting

day 26: flowers

day 27: paper

day 28: picnic

day 29: how-to

day 30: office

No comments:

Post a Comment