Friday, October 21, 2011

for the love of colored corduroy.

All you ladies in the house, get ready. As mentioned in earlier posts, I love fashion almost as much as interior design. The fact that you can transform yourself (and believe me I do) from one style to the next gets me p-u-m-p-e-d. So every Friday, I'm heading into my closet and pulling out some of the latest things I've been crushing on.

Right now, it's corduroy. I'm IN LOVE with colored corduroy. Take my old reliables. These are last year's navy Gap Always Skinny version that I probably wear at least once a week. I have a huge problem finding pants that fit and Gap seems to have one of the only answers. Had I been smart enough last year, I would have grabbed a pair in every color.
It all started when searching for a pant option I could get away with wearing in the office that had the same comfort level as a jean. I'm not a huge khaki fan so cords seemed to be the perfect option. As soon as I buttoned them up, my mind started racing through the millions of things I could pair them with. Like this.



The mix of pattern compliments the corduroy texture while the bright mustard and fuchsia create contrast. I can't resist adding some metallic to the mix which, in the end, pulled the whole look together.
Next I picked up Gap's lightweight corduroy leggings in maroon. These were purchased during my birthday shopping spree earlier this month with my mom (hi mom!).

I liked the darker hue because it could still be used as a neutral and gave off that whole ski-lodgey vibe I'm way into for fall and winter. Again, adding some pattern and sharpening the color by adding brighter red pulled the look together.




Finally, we have my beloved hunter green corduroy mini I found at Forever21. Also purchased during the shopping spree madness, I CANNOT wait to start adding to the mix. Yes, hunter green can be pretty drab (hello 1990s interior design) but I think the buttoned-up front and trendy accessories will modernize the piece, making hunter green seem almost as cool as neon.




Uh, pretend those rolled up wife beaters are cute little white socks. And aren't those gray Nine West booties adorable? 

P.S. the picture doesn't do my new crocheted headband justice. On, it looks more like this.


And for the record: I've not worn any of these outfits yet. SO DON'T STEAL THEM! For makeup, I'm thinking a fresh face would look adorable with all of the looks - lots of highlighter, a thick cat-eye and neutral lip.



IN MY CLOSET (from top to bottom):

Gap Always Skinny Navy Corduroys
Target mustard 3/4 sleeve cardigan
Target brown and white striped tank
Target fuchsia and gold scarf
Forever21 metallic beads
Old Navy metallic ballet flats

Gap Lightweight Maroon Corduroy Legging
Forever21 red plaid shirt
Forever21 patterned sweater
Nine West red suede loafers

Forever21 hunter green corduroy mini
Old Navy patterned sweater
(??) beaded necklace
Forever21 crocheted headband
Nine West gray booties

6 comments:

  1. so I think the work I was preparing will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the auspicious writeup Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all understand media is a fantastic source of information

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink on your host?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article.

    ReplyDelete