Sunday, January 20, 2013

an adorable built-in


 Look how cute this freaking built-in is. It's one of our favorite things about the house and took me two months to style. I didn't want it to look overly styled and we desperately needed containers to put random things in since we don't have the space for an entryway table.

Turns out, all I needed were some drinking glasses, books, a horse's head and bowls to get it right. Score.









As for the drawers, cards and sunglasses in the first small one. Ruby's things in the second. And hats, scarves, gloves and games in the larger drawers. What can I say? Our family likes to accessorize and compete. 

TIP: Always purchase that little bowl or vase that catches your eye at the thrift store. They're inexpensive, great for containing clutter and fantastic for accessorizing shelves with. Even if you aren't sure of where or what you'll use it for at first, I guarantee it will come in handy at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment