Monday, March 12, 2012

round wall hooks

After searching around for some new accessories, I came across these wall hooks from Schoolhouse Electric. I fell in love with the look, just not the price tag. $40 for four little wall hooks? Please.


Days went by and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I loved the colors for my bedroom and needed something exactly like these for my more delicate jewelry. So, instead of biting the bullet and purchasing, I figured out a way to make them. The whole project? Under $10. Not too shabby.





supply list
4 wooden plaques from Michaels (59¢ each)
4 curtain hooks from Lowe's ($1 each)
4 acrylic paint colors
Screwdriver
Drill
4 long screws

how to 
1. Paint plaques desired colors and let dry.
2. Screw in first screw to secure curtain hooks.
3. Drill a thin hole through the second screw opening and into the wall where you'd like to hang.
4. Screw in the longer screws through the second screw opening.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, those look great! What size are the plaques? 2 in? 3 in? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @La Vita Bella - these are actually 4" plaques with a 3" face. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete