Wednesday, February 22, 2012

workspace in progress.

I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself. Last weekend, I was crazy productive and started putting together my workspace (finally!). I was focused, determined and confident in how I wanted to pull it all together. Knowing it's a work in progress, I thought I'd share some shots to at least prove there isn't a pile of junk spanning across the entire area anymore. I still need to choose artwork and refinish some of the furniture but I'm really happy with how things are shaping up.

The biggest tip? Make sure to surround yourself with storage, inspiration and things that make you actually want to be there. After all, at the end of the day - it's still a place for work which can keep you from hanging out there.

[canvases are being changed to softer paintings with a lot of white space]
[most of the frames were spray painted white - still toying with whether to paint the two frames white]

[two cork boards on either side of the space for posting]

[canvas on the desk actual hides the power cords and internet]

Like I said, it's still a work in progress. I'm planning to tone down the artwork a lot - keeping the overall composition soft, minimalistic and filled with pastels. I want the environment to be serene yet inspiring. Like all my rooms, I don't want it to look completely pulled together because to me, that's boring. I feel most comfortable when things are a little disheveled and full of personality. Kind of giving off the same vibe as these spaces.





I've been browsing through my new favorite artwork site, society6, for some investment planning and inspiration pieces. The only thing that stinks is that I'm still on the hunt for a site with 4x6 and 5x7 pictures - anyone have any go-tos they're willing to share? Here's are some ideas I have for the artwork so far. 






As mentioned before, I'm also planning on refinishing my desk, the hutch (not pictured) and (maybe) my sewing machine. I have a couple of options up my sleeves but I'm still figuring out how to execute. I also managed to swipe a chair from the side of the road (yep, I'm that girl) that I plan to recover and refinish as well. 

As you can see, I'm headed down the eclectic road again, keeping the clutter balanced and manageable with a lot of white and repetitive shapes and color. I'm still tinkering around but hopefully I can pull together the final look within the next couple of weeks. 

What do you think so far?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah looks just like my desk at work Kate!
    Siiiiiiiike...
    But looks great!

    ReplyDelete