Tuesday, November 15, 2011

the hopeless kitchen.

Tonight I'll be working on the kitchen part of my I'm a Giant Challenge dollhouse. Counter tops and cabinets. The oven and stove. A fridge. The whole nine yards.

Per usual, I only have a half baked idea of what I want. And, since it's the kitchen, the idea's really half baked. Probably burnt on one side and is likely missing a few ingredients. Sigh. Poor kitchen.

For those that don't know me, the max time I spend in my kitchen is about 5 minutes: 1 minute to put my leftovers from [restaurant] in the fridge and the other 4 minutes doing things like ironing, refilling my water cup and grabbing some treats for Miss Ruby.

Needless to say, when it comes to the kitchen, I'm clueless. Thankfully, I've been able to grab some small clues from my culinary student boyfriend, Jim, on what constitutes a functional kitchen. And since my idea of a dream kitchen is one that's housed in a restaurant, I'm hoping to cram together a plan that begs the question, "what would Jim want in his kitchen".

Or maybe I should just scrap the kitchen all together and build in a delivery unit instead. Wish me luck tonight people - I'll definitely be needing it.

prep bar / kitchen island via heirloom philosophy

fireplace for wood grilling (?) via milenachka

open shelving via style files

butcher block counter tops + chalkboard via pinterest

lots of natural and canned light via crap we like

a big huge sink for food prep via flourish design and style

an indoor herb garden via martha stewart

lots 'o counter space via southern living

more open shelving + close seating for conversation while prepping

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful article Drywall Installation Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found great post here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some quality information here that any reader would enjoy Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see your next update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you for addressing such an important topic. We need more content like this. Emergency Roof Repair

    ReplyDelete