Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Greetings from San Fran (well, almost).

With one summer vacation booked and another in the works, I'm having a tough time thinking about anything else. I know, tough problem to have right? Anyway, one of my favorite ways to remember the great times had is by purchasing a piece of artwork that really captures the moment. This can be through street vendor artwork, a great photograph or even a good, old fashioned postcard. After a while, the single pieces turn into a collection that's impossible not to display. While mine are dispersed throughout my apartment now, I'm thinking of reconnecting the pieces back into a collection in a way that's a dramatic but still has a casual tone.

Instead of just the typical framing and hanging, here are some composition ideas that skip the frame all together, creating a connection between each individual piece. Experiment with grid-like and organic patterns to find the one that best suits your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment