Friday, March 14, 2014

interior inspiration: mixed pattern outfit.

It was really fun to browse all sorts of interior spaces in hopes of finding inspiration for an outfit. One of the big "aha" moments I had was with pattern mixing. I'm a huge fan of mixing patterns regardless, but with outfits I've been more hesitant to take risks because of the smaller canvas size. Using an interior space as inspiration gave me the direction I needed to pull something together that is cohesive yet visually interesting. 

Oh - and this just in - totally fine to mix brown and black. 

tip: Keep pattern styles similar to each other when mixing. It will help tie all of the fabrics together without having to match the color palettes exactly to each other. 

3 comments:

  1. I think most "designer" dress are over done. I like clean and simple. I love sophisticated dress and décor. Home Decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

    ReplyDelete