Tuesday, January 29, 2013

bedroom idea: dreamcatchers


dream catcher: a handmade object based on a willow hoop, on which is woven a loose net and feathers are hung around it. The belief is to hang above the bed so that the bad dreams would get caught in the net. Good dreams would then pass through the holes in the net and slide down the feathers to the sleeper.

This isn’t a trend right now, but I want to bring it back. At least as a way to break up framed artwork or even a framed artwork wall display alternative.

Use to add texture, depth and earthy notes in a bedroom to break up the soft fabrics and fluffy pillows. I ended up hanging along with my framed photo display but here are other examples of dream catchers standing on their own.


my home




GETTING STARTED: I'm sure there are tons of tutorials on how to make your own dream catcher. However, if you don't feel like putting your good night's sleep in your own hands, here are some beautiful ones I found on etsy.




1 comment:

  1. I've always adored dream catchers! So fun and whimsical. I think I still have a dream catcher I bought when I was a kid. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete