Tuesday, April 24, 2012

omg love: chotchkies

Hay. I know. I haven't written in a bit. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't for anything but sheer laziness. Sometimes a girl needs to do nothing, you know? You know.

In honor of my time spent doing nothing, I figured I'd share my affection for something equally as pointless. Except for looking cute. That's it's only task and by golly, these things do it well.

chotchkies.

According to urban dictionary, a chotchky is a "small piece of worthless crap, a decorative knick knack with little or no purpose". And I couldn't agree more. BUT I LOVE THEM. I can't exactly put my finger on it but these little suckers fill me with glee and make me feel comfortable and at home.

Trust me, I have crap everywhere in my apartment. Poor Jim. What someone might use to decorate an entire house, I cram into a small, 4-room apartment and a storage locker. A little owl. A prickly porcelain thing. Some random birds. God knows how many vases.

You name the pointless decoration and I'm pretty sure I can find something similar hanging out, collecting dust and/or Ruby hair in my apartment. It's an obsession - a madness really - that I often have a hard time thinking about trying to get under control. Instead, I roam the interwebs, thrift stores and various decor shops to blindly purchase one chotchky after another, hoping it will fit somewhere in my home and worrying about what to replace if it doesn't later.

For those that don't share this same sentiment, move along and come back tomorrow. This post isn't for you. For those that can see where I'm coming from, check out these adorbs chotchkies that are forcing me to use every single ounce of strength in my body not to purchase.










No comments:

Post a Comment