Thursday, December 8, 2011

twelve days of christmas: day one

Happy Friday everyone! It's Christmapalooza here over at Change of Scenery and I've decided to bring you the 12 days of Christmas a little early this year. Each day (minus Sundays) until I take off for the holidays (Fri. the 23rd) there will be a special Christmas-centric post by yours truly - including the countdown we all know and love. Mainly a countdown until I'm off work for me, this series will be jam packed with tips, ideas and - everyone's favorite - my opinion on the holidays. So, without further delay, I bring to you, the first day of Christmas.


image stolen from north pole christmas

So, sing along with me here, "on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..."

A Gold Wishbone Necklace made by : maven.


Isn't she beautiful? With the holidays being all about giving and sharing, I think there's no reason why you shouldn't do the same for yourself. And to me, buying jewelry is one of the ways I like to give and share to myself.

This wishbone necklace is teeny tiny and perfect for everyday wear. You can go understated with it by wearing solo or jazz it up by layering on a couple other various sized chains with various sized charms. I liked the wishbone because 1) I'm superstitious and 2) the horseshoe necklace my dad gave me finally broke so I've been searching for a comparable replacement. I'd eventually like to get this Tiffany's version of the horseshoe necklace (or if I'm really feeling giving to myself, this one) but I'll need to wait until bonus time to pick that little gem up.

I found the necklace while checking out Oakley's Holiday Event at The Red Tree Gallery. It's a really cute place that had some very cute potential Christmas presents - for yourself or others. I actually had a $15 gift card from watching my neighbors dog a grillion years ago so was able to purchase the necklace for $16.



Going back to the necklace, I checked out :maven's etsy shop and she's got some equally rad (yeah, I said it) jewelry that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection. Like these, to hint at a few:









So go and buy me these check out :maven and Red Tree Gallery for sure-to-be-loved one-of-a-kind gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment