Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspiration from Swedish home design.

For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with Swedish home design. With choiceful decor, white, clean lines for everything... what's not to like? If I didn't have a dog with black fur and an equal obsession with knick knacks, I would totally have a space more closely aligned to the very distinct Swedish design aesthetic. That said, it's always a goal of mine to incorporate as much of the functional design guidelines into my home as possible. Here are some inspirational photos to show you exactly what I'm talking about.

simple seating, minimal table decor, exposed beams (@ WooVaa)

exposed structural hardware, woven seating, minimal decor (@ ArchiThings)

mixed furniture styles, texture from flooring (@ viahouse)

white-washed flooring, white fabric, reading area, texture from rugs (@ dhousedesign)

fur rug (faux I hope!), functional decor, muted pops of color (@ creative home design)



bare hanging lights, queues from nature, white wood floors, fabric-hidden storage

platform bed, bedroom seating, minimal decor (@ idbest)

No comments:

Post a Comment