Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slackin' off, makin' lists and paintin' chairs.

If I had to summarize the reason for my slacking off with this blog, I couldn't. The excuses vary from great weather (yes, that one time last week) to terrible sinus headaches to crossword puzzles to Janet Evanovich. What can I say - it doesn't take much to get me sidetracked.

Anyway, I did make some progress on my room these last couple of days. I figure I'd make my to-do list and show off my latest DIY. For those that don't remember the before and progress shots (featured here and here), this is what I am working with as of today. Being the giant list maker that I am, I've completely nerded out and categorized (yes, categorized) my list into three sections: to buy, to find and to DIY. As you can see, I haven't quite made up my mind on some of the pieces.

























First up... the chair. I love the shape but it's definitely the wrong color. To do this, I first taped and covered the silver metal (couldn't figure out how to dismantle).


Then I picked up a can of glossy white spray paint that was made to specifically work on plastic. From there, I sprayed evenly, taking small breaks in between coats, until completely covered. And voila! The perfect "new" chair for an otherwise empty corner.



Total investment: $4 (Krylon glossy white spray paint for plastics)

No comments:

Post a Comment