Anyway, I did make some progress on my room these last couple of days. I figure I'd make my to-do list and show off my latest DIY. For those that don't remember the before and progress shots (featured here and here), this is what I am working with as of today. Being the giant list maker that I am, I've completely nerded out and categorized (yes, categorized) my list into three sections: to buy, to find and to DIY. As you can see, I haven't quite made up my mind on some of the pieces.
First up... the chair. I love the shape but it's definitely the wrong color. To do this, I first taped and covered the silver metal (couldn't figure out how to dismantle).
Then I picked up a can of glossy white spray paint that was made to specifically work on plastic. From there, I sprayed evenly, taking small breaks in between coats, until completely covered. And voila! The perfect "new" chair for an otherwise empty corner.
Total investment: $4 (Krylon glossy white spray paint for plastics)